Changing patterns and habits: 5 quick tips
Here are 5 simple lifestyle changes to help your child with their bedwetting:
- Limit how much your child drinks in the evening.
- Avoid foods and drinks with caffeine in the evening (e.g., cola, chocolate). Caffeine can increase the need to urinate.
- Encourage “double-voiding” (peeing twice) before bed.
- Encourage regular toilet use throughout the day.
- Reward positive behaviour. Rewards don’t need to be for just “dry nights,” but anything you and your child have agreed to work on. For example, remembering to pee right before bed, limiting drinks before bed or taking medication.